Monday, May 01, 2006

... And I Have a LITTLE Truck!

Good God, gas is expensive! I was watching the little numbers spin by as I filled up this weekend and was starting to worry that I might have to start turning tricks in the AM/PM parking lot to settle my tab. And that could take a while (the fat, bald dude ho' is more of a "niche" market). I was actually thinking about trading the Ranger in on something a little more comfortable, but I think I'll stick with my 25mpg sweat-box for a little while longer.

The first sure signs of Spring have finally appeared in Orangevale. In some places you look for the first robin. In others, the first tiny buds on the trees. In Orangevale, you know Spring is truly here when the old guy at the end of the block is doing yard-work in his tidy-whities. We also saw a chick mowing her lawn in a bikini Saturday, but the old dude is ALWAYS out in his underwear. Got to give him credit, though. He's in great shape for 70+. I figure I've got to hit at least 60 before I can start wandering the neighborhood in my skivvies.

No comments: