Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm Super Fast! (Not Really)


fair oaks chickens
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Once again, I agreed to participate in the 5 mile Fair Oaks Fiesta Sun Run. It sounds like a great idea every year before the race and sounds like a much less good idea the day of and/or after the race. Considering I run maybe once or twice over the course of a given year, I'm pretty happy I even finished, much less in under an hour (59:40). I really need to find another age group, though. Either that or I need to start actively recruiting fat, slow 35-39 year old dudes to run the race. On the plus side, Rachelle gave me her ham & eggs at the pancake feed after the "race". Score!

I had a message on the machine when I got home today from Charlie Brown asking me to vote for him for Congress. Turns out it's not actually a joke. Lt. Colonel Charlie Brown (USAF, ret.) is running against our current Congressman, John Doolittle. For those of you not familiar with Rep. Doolittle, he took buckets of money from Jack Abramoff, was/is really close to Tom DeLay and his wife skims a little off the top of every campaign "contribution" (for a little Soprano-ish twist to campaigning). Basically, an incumbent congressional representative. I figure Colonel Charlie could break into my house, rifle through my wallet, take the last beer from the 'fridge, tickle my ass with a feather and he'd still probably get my vote. The ass-tickling thing might be a little weird, but I'd be willing to let it slide if he promises to steal less than the current administration. I'm not sure what he stands for yet, but he's at least different. You've got my vote, Charlie.

1 comment:

Eidin said...

Come over to Dump Doolittle. There are links to all four Doolittle challengers.