Saturday, May 06, 2006

Seis de Mayo


Seis de Mayo
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Rachelle and I caught a Rivercats game with Ken and Shelly last night. We didn't get there early enough for the free sombreros. Damn. Shelly had somehow scored tickets in the Solon Club (kind of like the "Champagne Room" at Scores; very exclusive). Rivercats games are always a good time, and the Dinger Dogs rock, but the $9 beers are kind of a drag. Really helps keep you sober. Fortunately, Ken and I had started the evening at Q'bole in Folsom. An extremely authentic Mexican restaurant/bar filled with extremely caucasian patrons. Lots of big hair and cleavage. And tattoos. I never thought I'd have to say this, but quite a lot of the cleavage was very disturbing. I'd have to say I was quite impressed with some of the younger crowd, though. The younger people haven't quite learned the concept of "pacing yourself" and Ken and I were trying to guess which ones would actually be "awake" at sundown. We had to leave for the game, but I'm pretty sure the chick who downed a shot at the bar and killed off half her margarita before the bartender came back with her change was probably sleeping in the back seat of somebody's car by 9:00.

Finally, I'd like to thank my neighbors for starting their landscape remodel at 7:30 this morning. We woke to the gentle rumble and high-pitched beeping of a Bobcat ripping up concrete. Happy Saturday morning! I'm thinking about setting my alarm for 3:00am and weed-whacking my fence right next to their bedroom window. Or I could just start the mower, leave it there and go back to bed. It'll run out of gas eventually. BASTARDS!

FOLLOW UP: I met my neighbor when I went over to get the card of the guy grading the yard and he seems like a nice guy. I take back the nasty things I said about the early start to the yard work. We needed to get up anyway.

No comments: