Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baseboards. Almost.


Baseboards. Almost.
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
I've been working on my new hardwood flooring since January and I'm finally to the "baseboard" stage. The floors have actually been done for months, but I'm just now getting around to the finishing touches. Rachelle told me I had 6 months to get the baseboards up. Tick-tock. I was really getting used to the look of the blue moisture barrier and pad. Kinda classy. Anyway, I decided to go with the 5-inch pre-primed composites. Looks good and really easy to work with. I figure I should have the entire project finished well within my deadline. Hey, it's May already, isn't it? Crap.

It's nice to see somebody other than Rachelle reads my blog. I'm not truly sure she "reads" it, but she skims it for anything that may cause her to re-think the whole "marriage" thing. Anyway, somebody saw my post about our soon-to-be-indicted Congressman John Doolittle and sent in a comment. Apparently, I'm not the only one in my district who would like to see the dude spending his campaign contributions on a legal defense fund instead of a congressional campaign. There's a "Dump Doolittle" blog that has articles about hookers, ethics investigations, links to some snarky political blogs (nice!) and links to all of his competitors web pages. My heart (and vote) still belongs to Charlie Brown, but I'm willing to keep my options open. SIX MORE MONTHS, SIX MORE MONTHS...

No comments: