Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bay to Breakers: 2006


Bay to Breakers: 2006
Originally uploaded by klycolllins
I think this is my favorite picture from this year's Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. You've got to admire a man who can run 7.75 miles in a sheer skirt, ruffled shirt and Mardi Gras beads, all the while drinking screwdrivers out of a gallon jug. I'm not sure if I'm more confused by this guy who was actually part of the race or the dude with the red boots who is just watching. It is San Francisco, so he may have actually just been walking home and saw a race going on.


(Almost) Naked Elvis
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.

I was really glad to see the Elvis dancing on his balcony. He was actually wearing a jump-suit last year, but it's either at the cleaner's or he been spending some time at the gym and wanted to show off the new abs.

This is one of the races that I really actually enjoy every year. There are 65,000 people running it, so chances are good that I'm not going to finish dead last. Especially considering about 5,000 of those people are running either naked and/or drunk. I wasn't either of those this year. Maybe 2007 will be the "Year of Kelly" and I'll run naked. Maybe not. I get my race packet every year and it specifically says "NO NUDITY". Could be they just mean "NO NUDITY KELLY. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT. KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON." In any case, Rachelle was nice enough to stay with me for the entire race and we finished in under 2 hours. Not a great time for a "runner", but rockin' for a fat, lazy, 36-year-old dude who usually only runs when it's treat day at the office and there are donuts in the break room. I'm really surprised that I could still walk come Monday.

No comments: