Saturday, May 20, 2006

"LOST" in Orangevale?


What The Hell?
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
So I decided to finally (after 5 years) take out the clothes-line pole in the backyard. It looked like there was maybe a coffe can worth of concrete around the pole. How hard could it be? After about an hours worth of digging to find the edges, I ended up with a slab of concrete about three feet across and six inches deep. At this point Rachelle's asking if we found a hatch like in "LOST". I'm more hoping for a 60's era bomb shelter. Turns out it was just a huge slab of concrete holding in a very small pole. Not exactly the twenty minute project I was hoping for, but I was able to put my 200ish pounds behind my eight pound sledge hammer (I told Rachelle I had a reason for buying that thing!) and tore it up. About the time I pulled it out of the ground I started thinking that maybe it wasn't a clothes-line. Here's hoping it wasn't anything important.

No comments: