Monday, January 17, 2005

Kitchen Demolition, Part I

Multimedia message

Man, I live in a crap-hole. I'm saying "I" because Rachelle is still at work and hasn't seen the nastiness behind the original 1958 cabinets, and it's entirely possible Bo and I will be living alone until the re-model is done. We are actually still ahead of schedule. The bathroom is just a couple of days from being completely finished, and the new kitchen cabinets were delivered today. The tough part seems to be the wiring and plumbing, and our contractor is doing a great job. He's already found several problems that he plans on fixing as part of the original plan and estimate. If anybody in the Sacramento area is looking for a contractor, I'd be happy to give you a referral. Sometime after February 23rd. I want my house done first. One of the best parts about getting the kitchen done is I was able to explain to Rachelle why we needed a new stainless steel gas grill with a separate side burner. I wasn't able to justify the $800 one, but I still got a nice new toy. Nothing but meat and beans until the new range is installed. Sweet! Did I mention Bo and I might be living alone until the remodel is done? I hope to have some really good demo pictures tomorrow. Should be a big, empty hole. And I think he has to pull some of the drywall. Looking forward to it.

2 comments:

/k said...

Hmmm . . . You didn't find any dead bodies or anything behind the walls did you ? Or vaults ? You should have something like that put in before he finishes with the drywall.

Brian said...

And throw in some empty beer bottle's, and you've got your own 'Al Capone's vault.'