Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Bathroom Remodel

Multimedia message

Stage one of my kitchen/bathroom remodel. Nothing but studs, some drywall and concrete. And pipes. Should be a fun couple of weeks. I've spent so much time at Home Depot I'm almost on the payroll. One trip away from a name tag and an orange apron. I was worried that they were going to demo both the kitchen and the bath the same day, but I still have my 'fridge. All my dishes are packed up, but all I seem to need is a corkscrew and/or a bottle opener. Everything else can be delivered, driven through or carried out. Anyway, I hope everybody enjoys the hot shower they'll be taking at home tomorrow. Fortunately, the gym opens at 5:00am, so I can catch a shower before my 7:25 flight. As long as I don't have to actually work out. I'll keep the pictures coming as the work progresses. Kitchen, too.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Damn dude, they really tore up your bathroom. Initially, it was hard to tell what room you photographed, but the water pipes where your shower used to be helped. What the ETA on this project?

kelly said...

I think the tile is supposed to be in by the 21st, and they can't put in the sink or toilet until the tile's down. Tub should be going in today and I will be able to use it (hopefully) by the weekend. Lots of showering at the gym until then. Good thing I'm ripped.

Anonymous said...

The stages of the remodeling will, I am sure, be facinatingly chronicled & photographed, and we here all eagerly anticipate the next submission. While we wait though our thoughts turn to the Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System. Can you advise of a spot where we might learn more, preferably in multi-media manner?

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to find the Studs you say are in the picture honey, but they ain't popin' out for me. Please resubmit at a higher res -- I'm anxious!