Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Need AAA


I Need AAA
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
So I'm cruising down the freeway at about 70 miles an hour when I notice a slight wobble in the Ranger. After cutting across three lanes of traffic (also cruising at 70 mph), I'm finally able to pull over to the shoulder to find out that the tire was 100% friggin' flat. Time to pull out the owner's manual and figure out where the spare is (answer: it's under the bed hanging from a wire cable). Cool. Now how do you get it out? Back to the owner's manual. Twenty minutes and a lot of swearing later, Rachelle and I were on our way. I've got to give Ford some credit here. I drive a bare-bones Ranger: courier white, vinyl seats, 5-speed manual, AM/FM radio, no floor mats. The only "frill" I have is air-conditioning. That said, I have a full-size spare tire. With air. Sweet!

No comments: