Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Big Girl & Scrappy Dude


So Lucy turned 38 weeks today. Based on my sketchy math, that is actually about 9 1/2 months. Woof. She's 75+ pounds and I can scratch her ears without bending down. Good God, I hope she stops growing soon. I'm not sure Rachelle knew what she was getting into when she said, "So you've got some extra great dane/chocolate lab puppies? Sure, I'd love to take one home!" At least Lucy was the "smallest". FYI, I don't know that I'd recommend a great dane mix for anybody living in a small home. Hell, the lab part ain't so great, either. We went out for New Year's Eve and came home to find Lucy had torn her bed to shreds. Again. We've gone through more beds in the past nine months than we did in Bo's first five years. Speaking of which, January 1st was the fifth anniversary of Bo's adoption. Five years ago last Monday, we drove to the parking lot at the Folsom Petco and slipped Irmgard a check for $100 and took Bo home. It was like a drug deal, but with more fur and slobber. And barking. Life has been nothing but happiness and roses ever since. Ha! OK, so it's been mostly happy, but a lot less "clean" than the pre-pet days.

So Rachelle and I met up with Ken for "Pint Night" at Yager's tonight. $5 for the first pint and you get to keep the glass. Pretty sure it's $3 per pint after that, but I'm a little fuzzy on the true "Pint Night" rules. Regardless, you get a raffle ticket for each pint you drink and you get entered in a drawing for beer-related prizes. Until Ken showed up, Rachelle and I were the only ticket holders and were basically a 100% lock for said beer-related prizes. Bastard! Anyway, worked out OK since I won both an XL Lagunitas Brewing Company t-shirt and two (2) Lagunitas pint glasses. Just what I needed! Too bad Christmas is already over. I smell re-gift!

No comments: