Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!


Rachelle and I met up with Ken and Shelley to celebrate New Year 2007. The weird part was we met at 3:30 p.m. Turns out an English pub near us was celebrating the New Year on London time. Sweet! I might not make it all the way to midnight in Cali (hell, I'm damn near 40), but I can sure as shit make it until 4:00 p.m. Free champagne-ish type beverage (calling it "sparkling wine" would even be a stretch), a round of Auld Lang Syne and some decent stout. And home in time to feed the dogs at 6:00. We did hook up again to celebrate the real, American New Year. Hit Sky for sushi and then Sartory for wine and live "music". Music kind of sucked, but it was nice in a laid-back way. I'm waaaay past the days of crowded, loud bars. I really like being able to talk to the people I'm out with. So sue me, I'm 37. Anyway, Happy New Year to everybody reading. I hope you all have a great 2007. I plan to start my new year with a tall stack of pancakes and some really good mimosa's. Maybe. Depends on what time the dogs get me up.

No comments: