Friday, December 02, 2005

Not Too Tasty...


Not Too Tasty...
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
So I was invited to a baby shower for a woman in our office this afternoon. I'd never been to a baby shower before (I'm a dude), but I was promised cake. Imagine my confusion when I went to the conference room and saw a cake that was made completely out of (new & unused) diapers. Cute, but I'm a fat pig and was expecting cake. With frosting. Fortunately, this was just a decorative thing that apparently is part of the baby shower thing. Whatever. As long as there was going to be REAL cake served, too. Anyway, there's a reason guys don't usually get invited to baby showers. Lots of cute little baby things, no electronics, no tools, no small talk about sports, no beer. And waaaaay too much talk about how babies are born. Ooof. I prefer not to think about things like that. I'm much more comfortable with the stork concept.

On to the movie review for this week. If you haven't rented "Mr. & Mrs. Smith", DON'T. Lots of promise, little follow-through. I had high hopes going in; hot hit-man/woman, Vince Vaughn as comedic relief, explosions, fighting, etc. There was only about 30 minutes of actual entertainment in a 1:52 movie. And it wasn't all lumped together. Slooooooooow pace. If you happen to catch it on HBO at 3:00 in the morning when you can't sleep, enjoy. Otherwise, take it off your Netflix queue.

No comments: