Saturday, December 24, 2005

California Class


California Class
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Rachelle and I aren't going to be headed back to Omaha for Christmas this year (something about the airlines wanting "lots of money" for a ticket), so we're celebrating quietly in Orangevale. I was in line at Trader Joe's yesterday picking up Christmas "supplies", i.e., booze, and I saw this really interesting display. Little 4-packs of champagne in a can. The truly interesting part was that the canned champagne was from a decent Napa winery. Even from a decent winery, I was a little hesitant until the woman in line ahead of me mentioned that the cans came with their own individual bendy-straw. A grown-up juice box. Sweet! While it was very strange to be drinking champagne out of a can and through a straw, I would have to say it was pretty decent stuff. Fun, too.

All for now. I need to hit the mall for some last minute shopping. HA! Screw that. Anybody who doesn't already have a present is getting cash. Whatever I can find in the change jar. Or I'll be wrapping cans of soup/beans. Ho, ho, ho.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: