Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Not Working...


Not Working...
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Don't people work anymore? I'm sitting in It's A Grind at 10:00 this morning and the place is jammed. I'm actually taking a vacation day. These people look like they live here. About a 50/50 mix of dudes who look like they're working and slack-ass students from the community college up the road. I may just be getting old (OK, there's no "may" about it), but I don't think I would have enjoyed a $4 cup of coffe when I was that age. $4 was a good dinner out at Taco Bell. I truly miss those $0.49 tacos. Damn, that sounds tasty!

Rachelle had her office Christmas/holiday party at Carmelita's in Fair Oaks last night. It was her second day at the new job so it was a little strange. By the time we were seated for dinner I had actually spent more time talking to her boss than she had. I had to make sure I was on my best behavior. No talk about crazy families, no talk about Bo's "issues", no rants of any kind. And a strict two-margarita limit. Oddly enough, the company picked up the tab for the whole thing. My office party is going to consist of a meat & cheese platter from Costco in the conference room. No margaritas.

No comments: