Saturday, November 26, 2005

Goin' back to Cali...

The day after the Thanksgiving feast was pretty good. We loaded the kids up in the mini-van and headed to the Plaza for lunch and shopping. Always a fun experience to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Anyway, we ended up cutting the shopping short and hit the Kona Grill for lunch. I decided to get some sushi for an appetizer and my oldest niece seemed very interested. I'm still not sure she understood the concept of "raw fish", but she was truly intrigued by the chopsticks. I was more than a little offended that she didn't want to use the same end of the chopsticks that I had. This from the same little girl who doesn't mind sharing her food/silverware with the dogs. I guess Duke and Jamie are more "immediate" family.

This picture shows just one more reason I'm not moving back to the mid-west in the near future. I don't think there are a whole lot of tornado shelters at the Sacramento airport. For a semi-major metropolitan area, Kansas City has a truly podunk airport. It's nice and clean, but there is only one (1) lounge, and it's outside security. What kind of crap is that? That can seriously cut into your airport drinking time if you have to worry about making it through security. Not that Dad, Sheila and I didn't give it our best shot.

No comments: