Sunday, November 20, 2005

Champagne + O.J. = Tasty!


Brunch @ the Balcony Bistro
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Greetings from balmy Orangevale, CA. This picture doesn't do much to show my very expensive dental work (think "pimp my grill" suburban-style; white, straight and a complete absence of flash), but it does show the wonders of Northern California weather. It also shows that I'm bald, but I'm blaming that on the poor lighting. Damn sun. Today is November 20th, 5 days before Thanksgiving, and we were having brunch on the patio is short sleeves. Drinking monster, bottomless mimosas. On the way back to the car after another great meal at the Balcony Bistro, Rachelle saw that we had missed the Folsom Winterfest yesterday. Damn! I'm finding it's really hard to get in the mood for a "winter" party when it's sunny and 72. I know there are people who say they'd miss a place where the seasons change, blah, blah, blah. People who say that have either never lived someplace with good weather or they've just moved to the place with the crappy weather and it's still "neat". Screw that. I've lived in those places. I remember keeping a snow shovel in the trunk of my car so I could dig myself out after work. I remember clearing the snow off the driveway just to find half an inch if ice that needed to be chipped off. Ahhh, the memories! If I want to re-live my mid-western youth, I can always drive to Tahoe. Or I could get a snow-globe. Whatever.

No comments: