Sunday, August 28, 2005

Salt Lake City


SLC FD
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
So I made my first real trip to Salt Lake City this week and I'd have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was I able to get plenty of caffeinated beverages, I had to choose between two brew-pubs about three blocks apart. Since I'm a little fat and a lot lazy (and since I had found a great hiking trail earlier in the day), I picked the one closest to my parking space. If you ever make it to SLC, make sure to try the half-pound BBQ buffalo burger paired with either the Full Suspension Pale Ale or the Provo Girl Pilsner at Squatter's. Or you could do what I did and have both. Whatever. On the way back to my car, I was a little concerned that two beers were one-and-a-half too many when I saw this fire truck driving by. Any city that will paint flames down the sides of their fire trucks is pretty friggin' cool. I wonder if the police cars have hydraulics and spinners? To continue the strange crap to be found in SLC, at every cross-walk there is a bucket of bright orange flags. Apparently, you are supposed to grab a flag on one side and wave it around as you cross the street to make yourself more visible. In California that might make you a "target", but in Salt Lake people apparently stop for you. Weird. All in all, cool city to visit, probably too clean and nice to actually live there. I'll give it a B+.

No comments: