Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bulk Bees: Please, NO SAMPLING!


Bulk Bees
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
I've found a store I dislike almost as much as Wal-Mart. I say "almost" because they do have one thing I really do like. The bulk food aisle. I know what you're thinking, "Bulk-food is nasty and disgusting; a buffet with plastic bags and twisties". True, but WinCo has added a twist to the usual bulk crap. Honey that is being made while you wait.

Bulk Bees: NO SAMPLES
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.

Bitchin'! They've got live bees making honey inside the bulk bins. The only thing between you and a swarm of angry bees is a redneck with a screwdriver (and since it's WinCo, you're never more than 5 feet from an authentic Orangevale redneck). Adds a little thrill of the hunt to grocery shopping. I especially like the warning signs on the front. Pretty much a challenge to said rednecks. Other than the bees and the walk-in beer cooler, I'd have to say I'm not impressed with the WinCo. Narrow aisles, confusing layout and way too many freaky people. It's kind of like going to the fair, but you can go every day. 24-hours a day. Seven days a week. Truly scary. I'll let you know how the honey tastes.

No comments: