Monday, January 30, 2006

Vacuum Fresh!


Vacuum Fresh!
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
I picked up a FoodSaver at Costco a couple of weeks ago. I'd been looking at them every time I went to Costco for several months, but I couldn't really justify buying one. Fortunately, Rachelle was just as intrigued by the idea, so we eventually broke down and got one. Seeing as we were already at Costco, we took the opportunity to pick up a 10 pound family-pack of hamburger. The first weekend was taken up with forming said 10 pounds of hamburger into various meal-type shapes and vacuum packing them for future generations. After we ran out of meat-products to seal, we moved on to sealing dry goods in Mason jars (using the optional Mason jar attachment). Rock on. At this point, two weeks in, I seem to have run out of things to seal. Fortunately, there is an entire chapter in the FoodSaver DVD dedicated to sealing "non-food items". Since I get home from work a good hour before Rachelle, I have plenty of "me time" to come up with "ideas". I'm emptying my pockets out on the counter and I see the FoodSaver just sitting there. I start thinking, "Hey, why not vacuum seal the contents of my pockets". Why not?
  • Wallet
  • Listerine Breath Strips
  • Keys
  • $2.87 in change ($7 pesos?)
  • Swiss Army knife
In hindsight, it might have been better NOT to have sealed the Swiss Army knife. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to get everything out.

OK, moving on to a different topic, I was really friggin' hungry 'round about lunch time today (something about getting to the office in time for a 7:00am conference call) and decided to Google the pizza place down the street for a menu. Google didn't find a menu, but it did find a review for the place on a web page called "Pizza Magazine Quarterly". Good God, how do you get a job at a place like that? It's like being editor-in-chief at "Big Boobs, Free Beer & Sports Monthly". Man, I gotta get out of this Medicare gig.

No comments: