Saturday, January 14, 2006

Salt Lake Livin'


Salt Lake Livin'
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
This is the goldfish that came with my room at the Hotel Monaco. I think I'll call him "Sparky". I don't get to take him home, though. I could, but he costs $15 and can't go on the regional jet back to Sacramento. Spent the past couple of days getting my dad moved into his temporary digs. A couple of Costco trips for the important stuff (flat-panel TV, cleaning supplies, etc.) and we found the nearest State-run liquor store. The only kind in Utah. Closed on Sunday, holidays and election day. I think I'll be staying in Cali. SLC is pretty, though. Beautiful mountains, great biking and hiking, friendly people everywhere. OK, friendly people can get old after a while, but I think Dad and Sheila will like it here. Enough for tonight. Rachelle and I hit one of the local brew pubs and I'm getting sleepy. And Sparky needs to go for a walk.

No comments: