Saturday, October 22, 2005

Genius!


Genius!
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Took Mom & Grandma out to a bar for dinner last night. Neither of them drink, but Rachelle and I are members at Yager's which means we get 10% off every purchase. Rock on. Anyway, we actually ate in the "restaurant" portion of the place. I was never even remotely interested in eating anyplace other than the "bar", but I may never go back. It's a little hard to tell from this picture, but hanging over several of the tables is a brass pole directly over a bucket. Couldn't figure out what this damn thing was for. Waaaaaay too skinny for pole dancing. Turns out that if you pull the chain, water comes out like a sink faucet. Far too friggin' cool. I want one for my dining room table. I'd never use a fork again. Everything's a finger food when there's a sink at the table. Ribs? No problem. Wings? Bring 'em on. Pudding? Finger licken' good! So, aside from the great beer selection, Yager's has some of the best fish & chips I've had since I left Omaha. Nothing beats the Dundee Dell, but these are close. And did I mention the cool water things at the tables? Quiet night after this. Busy day today. More tomorrow.

No comments: