Thursday, February 03, 2005

Kitchen Floor: No Grout

Kitchen Floor: No Grout

My kitchen floor is mostly in. They got a late start on laying the tile today because they had to pull up the tile I had put down in the laundry room. The tile guy said those type of tiles usually come up really easily, but it took the contractor several hours to pry them loose. Probably had something to do with the half-ass way they were put down in the first place. They really need to be specific when they say "apply a thin layer of adhesive". It really would have been better if I had actually known what they meant by "thin". Considering it took several weeks to properly dry, I'm guessing I used too much. Anyway, most of the tile is in and the grout should be in tomorrow. Looking almost like a kitchen again.

2 comments:

/k said...

You put the counter back in ? I thought you were taking that out to provide more room.

kelly said...

The breakfast bar is going back in, but it's about 6 inches shorter and we should have a more open feel. And we couldn't afford to lose the cabinet space. The lazy susan should be nice. Matches the lazy kelly in the living room.