Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hotel Del


This is the view from the balcony of room 3279 at the Hotel Del Coronado, where my new company's "annual event" is being held this year. Beautiful old hotel and great location. I got a room with a courtyard view, but the beach and ocean are right out the back door of the hotel. Tonight was the initial get-together dinner and they had a guest speaker for afterward. The husband of one of the women who works here is a Navy S.E.A.L. They were seated at my table. I am a pathetic, fat, lazy loser. Not just compared to the S.E.A.L., but he didn't make it any easier for me to ignore. Anyway, he was a good speaker and he had some interesting stories during the Q&A. Enough for tonight. I'm thinking about getting up early and going to the fitness center. I probably won't, but thinking about it is more than I've done lately. It's a start. Kind of.

No comments: