Thursday, May 31, 2007

(Ex) Employee #57935


Today marks the end of an era. After 17+ years, multiple job titles and one trans-continental transfer, I am no longer a Mutual of Omaha-Medicare employee. It was a really good run and I liked most of my co-workers over the years, but it was time for a move. I start my new job for a much smaller company tomorrow and expect all sorts of weirdness to come out of that. I've worked for a large corporation for so long that the little things that I take for granted aren't going to be the same. And some of that is a GOOD thing. I'll be posting more as I learn a little more about what I'll be doing and what they expect of me, but the one really cool thing is I'll be spending my first week at the annual company event at the Hotel Del Coronado. A hotel I've never been able to stay in because I am poor. Not "poor" poor, but definitely to "poor" to spend $400/night for a hotel. I plan on taking lots of pictures. And all of the soap.

No comments: