Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lost Luggage: Day 13

Two weeks ago, Southwest Airlines somehow managed to lose my luggage on a flight that never actually went anywhere. I checked my bag in San Antonio, got on a plane to Houston, plane took off, plane came back to San Antonio because of "weather". So far, so good (Houston isn't exactly my favorite place anyway, and I don't really mind San Antonio). Things went downhill from there. I re-booked myself on a flight back to Sacramento and the gate-agent sent somebody to pull my luggage off the plane. Ooops! Said plane was pulling away from the gate to go "somewhere". Not a huge deal. I've been flying Southwest for 12 years and they hadn't failed me before. Bastards. I finally get back to Sac'to (sans luggage) and I go to baggage claim to make a report. Chick in baggage claim says she can't take a report because my bag was checked to Houston and we were in Sacramento. I tried to explain that I never actually went to Houston, but she didn't seem convinced. Finally, she called Houston to see if they could help me. Turns out nobody was answering the phone in Houszton, so she told me to call back the next day to see if my luggage had "caught up" with me. Ha! No luggage and nobody seemed willing to take a report. Multiple phone calls later (Sacramento, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, etc.), somebody finally took a "courtesy" report for me. To their credit, Southwest was very good about calling me at 6:30am for the next five days to tell me they still hadn't found my bag. On the fifth day I was finally told it had been turned over to "central baggage" in Dallas. Great. Anyway, 13 days after my original flight and I still don't have my stuff. Moral of the story? Stay the hell outta Texas!

No comments: