Monday, June 19, 2006

Patio: Day "Minus 1"


Patio: Day Minus 1
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
We just signed a contract to have our crap-ass patio ripped out and approximately 700 square feet of new concrete poured. Kind of scary considering that's more than half the square footage of our actual house. In theory, the contractor is going to be here at 7:00 tomorrow morning to start the demo. I'm hopeful. With any luck there will be some post-demo pictures tomorrow night. The guy told us he should be able to rip out the old patio, form the new slab and pour the entire thing by Friday. My only concern (aside from the dude taking my $500 deposit and blowing it in Reno) is that all that concrete will be seriously friggin' hot. The five day forecast for Sacramento this week shows today being the coolest at 94. We're looking for 103-105 for the rest of the week. Could make the concrete harden really quick. Glad I'm not actually pouring it. I'll be working up a sweat just thinking about it from my air-conditioned cube. Check back for updates and/or rants about great/worthless contractors.

No comments: