Monday, September 05, 2005

Gaslamp Strip Club


Strip Club
Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
I just found my new favorite restaurant in San Diego. Rachelle and I were walking through the Gaslamp district and I saw a sign for the "Gaslamp Strip Club". Needless to say, I was intrigued. Turns out the "strip" part had nothing to do with naked women and everything to do with steak, as in "New York Strip". I've read about these kinds of restaurants before, but I've never actually seen one. The menu has a great selection of steaks and kabobs, and the kick is you get to cook them yourself on one of several communal grills. Surprisingly fun. Of course, there is no discount involved just because you do all the cooking, and the hour-long wait in the lounge drinking (very good) martinis can make it difficult to remember just how long the steaks have been cooking. Whatever. Pour on a little more Lea & Perrins, order another dirty martini and suck it up. All in all, I'd have to give it an "A". More about San Diego tomorrow. Lots of stuff packed into two short days and I need my beauty sleep. Seriously.

No comments: