Friday, June 17, 2005

Crate & Barrel Sucks



Originally uploaded by klycolllins.
Not exactly a great picture, but I was too annoyed to take the time to find my digital camera. What you're looking at is my new dining room table from Crate & Barrel. It doesn't look much like a table because it didn't actually come with "instructions". Lots of pieces, but no idea how to make them look like a table. I called the store where I bought it and they weren't exactly helpful. Something about, "Ummm, let me have somebody call you back". Sure. Not being too patient, I called C&B's 800 number. The instructions aren't available on-line, but they offered to fax them too me. Great. I guess I need to get a fax machine for all the times I get something from C&B that (probably) won't come with instructions. I guess they haven't heard of the "internet". Needless to say, C&B got a nasty e-mail from me. I'll probably be barred from shopping there ever again. So sad. Oh, well. I wasn't planning on eating anytime soon anyway. UPDATE: Somebody at the C&B store in Roseville said they would leave the instructions for Rachelle to pick up on her way home from work. Fortunately, Rachelle decided to open the envelope and saw that she had page 1 of 2. They hadn't bothered to print page 2. The page that actually tells you how to connect the base to the table top. Bastards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blasphemer! Do not blame the almighty Crate & Barrel gods for your mechanical ineptitude! A real man has no use for these "en-struk-shins" you speak of.

spence